Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More Writing

When I pulled out this new easel to show LJ, he decided he wanted to try out the chalkboard. (He's loving chalkboards these days) First, I wrote his name and he copied it. Then he said he wanted to write TRAIN. So I called out the letters and he wrote them. Notice how he formed his R? Silly, but he's got the idea down. Notice his backwards N at the end....it's kind of hard to see. N and M are hard for him because once he starts, he just wants to keep drawing the peaks. But on this N he did just the right amount...he just did it backwards.

I'm just so proud of how much he's gaining with his handwriting skills.



He also wanted to write MOM. A few days ago when we were doing chalkboards, I asked him to write MOM. His response was "M--O--M?" I was surprised that he knew how to spell MOM. Another proud mommy moment. He didn't do so well forming his M but did much better tonight. I wish I had snapped a picture of that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment