Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Progress on the therapy room

Remember to check here for information and updates about the therapy room project.

I thought I'd post a little update on this blog as well. The profits from my June orders were $250.00. YAY! Thanks to everyone who ordered and supported this fundraiser. Remember, if you missed your chance this month, another order has already started and will run until July 18.

The initial money raised was to pay for the basic prep of the room. The electrical run and lights put in, a window a/c unit and flooring. The flooring was donated for the building and also the installation is being done free of charge! A huge thank you to Dr. and Mrs. Carroll Hughes for the carpet donation and to Mr. Don Ray of The Remnant and Rug Shop in Thomson for volunteering his time to install the carpet. Your generosity is greatly appreciated! The electrical part of the prep is being started on tomorrow and will be completed by Friday.

My next step is insulation and drywall for the building. I have contacted someone in regards to a possible donation of insulation and I am awaiting his response. If a donation is not possible, we're looking at about another $250.00 for the walls.

I am so excited that this fundraiser got off to a fantastic start. This is going to be such a great thing for LJ. I will post pictures at the end of the week showing the progress on the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment